We are looking for a new addition to our team: someone who has editorial experience, is comfortable weighing in on submissions, and can provide constructive feedback to our contributors.
How to apply
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not believe that you need an MA, MFA or any other degree to be a good writer and editor. So we don’t need your CV. But we would love to get to know you in the application. What themes, formats and genres do you dabble in? What excites you about writing?
- Let us know if you have any experience working with literary magazines or with editing in general.
- What are your feminism values and how does ang(st) fit into them? What is your vision for ang(st)?
- Tell us why you’d be a good fit for our team.
This is a voluntary position. We will prioritize editors from LGBTQ, BIPOC, disabled, and other marginalized communities.
Applications open until 25th July, 2020.
Join the ang(st) team!
We are looking for a new addition to our team: specifically someone who is well versed with one or more visual art styles. We decide on all submissions together as a team. So the art editor will weigh in on all the submissions we receive. But we’re looking for someone to take the lead on visual art and hybrid submissions.
We understand that not all artists have the desire or the privilege of formally learning their craft. So we don’t care about that at all. What we do care about is your knowledge, your own practice, and how you are as a person.
To apply, send us an email at email@example.com. Tell us about:
- your artwork and aesthetic: We want to know about what kind of art you create and enjoy! Add links and samples as required
- your feminism and your vision for ang(st): Feminism and intersectionality are integral to ang(st)’s identity. We want to make sure our newest member is equally passionate and committed to the cause. Tell us about your feminist politics and your experiences with marginalization (if any). How do you interpret our focus on feminist bodies?
- why you think you’d be a good fit for our team: We just want to be a happy family! Do you like us as people? (Please say yes!) Do you vibe with the kinds of pieces we have published so far?
This is a voluntary position since we cannot afford to pay any of our team members at this time. We will prioritize artists/editors from marginalized and underrepresented communities.
Send in your applications by 25th May, 2020!